7 Reasons You’ll Love Cleveland
With its laid-back atmosphere, delicious cuisine and friendly locals, Cleveland truly is an easy place to love. But to warm you up here's a little list of our reasons to love the City of Rock.
1. Cleveland is a rock n’ roll landmark. With tons of exhibits and thousands of artefacts, the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame is the gold medal for music lovers. It even has a Beyoncé exhibit.
2. The Slavic Village and Asiatown are just two of the ethnically diverse heritage areas that you need to visit. It’s a true melting-pot of cultures which gives Cleveland just a little taste of the world.
3. The Cleveland Art Museum, Severance Hall, Playhouse Square - if we ever want to up our cultural game, it’s a quick trip downtown.
4. Mitchell’s Homemade Ice Cream is a must. Also, I double-dog dare you to get the Destroyer at Honey Hut. Nine scoops of ice cream, toppings, bananas, nuts and whipped cream!
5. East 4th Street is the pedestrian-only hotspot for Cleveland nightlife. With the House of Blues, lots of restaurants and an interesting eatery called the ‘Chocolate Bar’ – their martinis are heavenly!
6. West Side Market is a Cleveland landmark and home to more than 100 vendors ranging in ethnic diversity, with fresh fruits, veggies, meat and baked goods galore – the best of the best when it comes to food in Cleveland.
7. Sky Zone is Cleveland’s trampoline kingdom and has four special jumping areas that allow participants to soar to new heights while challenging each other to some friendly rivalry. Thanks to these bouncy platforms, dodgeball enthusiasts enjoy a new twist to the classic game as do basketballers, when it comes to dunking.
Text: Cindy-Lou Dale